Skip to main content

Speak with an Attorney • 414-224-6070 • Free Consultation

What to Do After an Accident

Smart, aggressive, and experienced personal injury lawyers.


Call Skilled Counsel After an Auto Truck Crash

Being involved in even a minor car accident can be very unsettling. You don’t know what your rights are, how severe your injuries are or how you will manage to get the car replaced or fixed. Injuries from a catastrophic auto/truck crash tend to be more severe, with costly medical bills and months of lost wages. Should you file a lawsuit?

When you need a friend, turn to a skilled personal injury lawyer at Courtney & Molter, who can advise you what to do after a car accident.

First, get the medical attention you need after a car or truck crash, then call our Milwaukee offices at 414-224-6070

For a free initial consultation with a qualified personal injury lawyer, contact us online.

Not sure what to do after a car accident ? We advise clients to follow these simple rules.

  • Stay on the accident scene, and render assistance to the injured. Under the Good Samaritan law of Wisconsin, you are not liable for damages.
  • Call the police and provide complete information about the accident.
  • Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver, including insurance information. Do not talk about the accident, and do not admit fault.
  • Get the names, numbers and addresses of witnesses.
  • Remember to file a “Driver’s Report of Accident” within 10 days.
  • Take pictures at the scene with a digital camera or phone camera.
  • Seek appropriate medical attention.

It is OK to talk to the police about the accident, but do not talk to anyone else about it. Call a car accident attorney at our firm for a free initial consultation as soon as you can. We can advise you of your rights, answer your questions and recommend next steps for compensation. Our attorneys get to work right away to obtain a copy of the police report and help you file a claim with the insurance company.

We know what to do after a car accident. We have significant experience in dealing with insurance companies, and negotiate assertively to protect your interests and win damages for your car accident injury.

An *AV-Rated Law Firm,

Here for You in Your Time of Need

Milwaukee Area: 414-224-6070 |

Call our southeast Wisconsin law offices directly or contact us online. Phones are answered 24-hours-a-day. If we can’t speak to you right away, don’t worry — we will return your call or e-mail soon.

*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.

Tell Us About Your Case